After New York and London, the wind of fashion blew on the catwalks of Milan, leaving behind the indelible trail of the main trends of the prét a porter Spring – Summer 2019.
Among shoes, bags, accessories, models, colours and details, there are many must haves that you cannot give up if you want to be cool in the next hot season!
Now take note: here are the trends that emerged for the Spring / Summer 2019 from the show Milan Fashion Week.
• The Trench: in all its forms, is the outerwear for excellence: embellished with jewel details by Riccardo Tisi, oversize and pastel tones that of MaisonMairgela, in a total black chic version with small rouches on the bottom edge, iconic and technical that by Emporio of Giorgio Armani.
• The Biker Pants: The cycling shorts will be a “conditio sine qua non” of the Spring – Summer 2019. From the casual-chic interpretation of Fendi, which proposes them in a technical-futurist version, to the more informal and eclectic one by Roberto Cavalli ; from the more refined concept of Prada, which manages to turn them into a bon ton garment, to that of Chanel, with the most sober and formal shades and combinations.
• The Monospalla: Air behind! With different interpretations, all the stylists present at Milan Fashion Week exposed at least one single-shoulder garment. An elegant silhouette the one of the Max Mara, with a one-shoulder long dress with draped volumes and rouches; a bizarre version of Arthur Arbesser that combines a floral print turtleneck to an asymmetrical model.
• The Minidress: variegated colour palette, precious applications and iridescent fabrics covered with pailettes for a sheath dress inspired by the silhouette of the past. From Moschino to Balenciaga, from Byblos to Louis Vuitton, the time travel continues to give sensuality and femininity to a timeless garment!
• The fluo: the more colour will be bright, the more it will be sparkling and the more it will be cool! From the acid green of the N.21 suit to the vitamin red of the Byblos plumed dress, the fluorescent colour is one of the must-have for the upcoming Spring-Summer season.
• The suit: the work wear is transformed: no longer a boring office outfit, but an uniform with a renewed concept, based on practicality, without sacrificing style. Wide blouses and wide trousers for Jil Sander, romantic jacket with floral motifs with shortened trousers for Dolce &Gabbana, fresh design from the holiday mood that of Salvatore Ferragamo.
• U-neck: This is the innovation, in terms of style, brought by Miuccia Prada on the Milanese catwalks. Necklines characterized by a horizontal band on both dresses and tops, as an icon of sophisticated fashion and always full of ideas and stylistic details.
• “Ladylike” style: An established trend for next spring, it is a style with an elegant, nostalgic and refined taste that comes from the icons of the past. Simple and essential lines for an outfit that adapts to different silhouettes with the most diverse moods. Knee-length skirts, blouses, cardigans, thin belts and discreet heels, are the ingredients of a recipe with an irresistible and refined taste like that of Prada, Antonio Marras, Burberry and Marc Jacobs.
• Plissè: Another detail that characterizes the collections presented at Milan Fashion Week in a classic setting with explicit references to the past, is the plissé. They could not help but include in their creations the most chic designers of the fashion scene, such as: Gucci, Valentino, Givenchy and Christian Dior.
• Trousers: Ankle eye and usefulness! Inspired by a casual and fresh style, the trousers that have paraded on the catwalks of Milan, ride the trend of functionality, practicality, simplicity and freedom. This is how we see wearing wide, soft, colored, printed pants and patterns of all tastes. The only real must in this case is the length: never over the malleolus! Condition desired by designers such as Giorgio Armani, Toods and Versace.
THE ACCESSORIES: HERE ARE THE UNMISSABLE TRENDS
In this panorama of clothes, accessories stand out, true style icons that complete the look of those who cannot help but be cool!
Here are the must have of Spring Summer 2019!
• Bags with monogram and transparent PVC: Inspired by the ’90s, when Fendi launched its famous “baguette”, today we find them declined in various shapes and colours. Made of transparent PVC, as if to solve the atavistic problem of “I never find anything in this bag!”, in maxi shopper format, to get us everything you need, the tendency is to do it with the logo – monogram, just like Valentino, Chloè and MSGM which makes it an integral part of his tote bag. Another must is the “bag in the bag”, launched by Elisabetta Franchi and Anteprima, who have models with transparent shopping bags containing clutches, mini bags and clucth.
• Ophthalmic glasses: From sight or from sun, they cannot miss as a completion of a cool outfit. Of all the shapes, colours and different materials, all the top stylists presented their versions. Prada focuses on “Cat” glasses, Fendi on thick frames, colored with geometric shapes and sharp edges, Max Mara proposes a classic “aviator” model revisited with side profile in leather.
• Futuristic shoes: These are a real must have that has firmly established itself on the Milan Fashion Week catwalks for Spring Summer 2019. Giorgio Armani has been inspired by a “spatial” style, proposing transparent pumps with stiletto heel in steel, rubber boots with colour stripes, neoprene sneakers. Inspired by the same futurism with a different use of materials and colours, even Etro and Versace gave a show!
• Headband: A true revival of the ’80s, it was proposed by Laura Biagiotti as a piece coordinated with one or more items of the outfit, made of a padded version and of the same fabric used to make her clothes.
In short, the Spring-Summer 2019 will be the season that will take us back in time to old loves (from trench to bags with monograms), but with many twists, thanks to unusual and extravagant reinterpretations!
Read also: The History of the Italian Vespa, success on two wheels